Last updated March 15, 2022
This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to connect a Neat Bar and Neat Pad to a Wi-Fi network and pair them together. For more information on Wi-Fi support, please see the article Wi-Fi support on Neat devices.
There are three possible Wi-Fi deployment options for the Neat Bar and Neat Pad (when Bar and Pad are paired):
- Both Neat Bar and Neat Pad connected over Wi-Fi.
- Neat Bar on Wi-fi and Neat Pad on wired network.
- Neat Bar on wired network and Neat Pad on Wi-Fi.
- Both Neat Bar and Neat Pad must be connected to the same subnet, that allows multicast packets to be sent between the two devices. This is the case for both wireless and wired networks.
- All appropriate firewall ports need to be open, as described in the article Network and firewall requirements for Neat
- New installation of a Neat Bar & Neat Pad combo or you have performed a ‘factory-reset’ on both the Bar and Pad and starting afresh.
Note: If you are planning to change network settings of a pre-existing paired Neat Bar and Neat Pad, please make sure you factory-reset both and start the initial setup again.
How to configure
- Step 1: Connect both Neat Bar and Neat Pad to power sources and connect to an external display using HDMI 1 port (for a second monitor, use HDMI 2 port). If you want to connect Neat Bar on Wi-Fi, do not connect the Ethernet cable to it. If you want to connect the Neat Pad over Wi-Fi, use the PoE injector to power it up, but do not connect it to a wired network.
- Step 2: Follow the instructions on the Neat Pad, starting with the ‘preferred language’ selection. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: Choose the setup: ‘Set up Neat Bar with controller’. Click ‘Continue’.
- Step 4: Next follow the mounting guides for the appropriate configuration for your room and press ‘Start guide’ (optionally, you can choose ‘Skip’ if you are already aware of how to mount the devices.
- Step 5: If you are connecting the Neat Pad to a Wi-Fi network, you will see the following screen:
- Step 6: Choose ‘Connect using Wi-Fi’. You will see the ‘Neat Pad Wi-Fi’ screen. Please note that for successful pairing, Neat Bar and Neat Pad will need to be on the same ‘subnet’. Press ‘Got it’.
- Step 7: Next the Neat Pad will populate a list of all Wi-Fi networks available to connect.
- Step 8: Select your Wi-Fi network, enter the password and click ‘Join’. Once connected, you will see a ‘tick’ next to the WI-Fi network’s name (SSID). Click ‘Continue’.
- Step 9: Select the time zone and press ‘Continue’.
- Step 10: Next you will see the list of Neat Bar(s). Choose the serial number that is shown on the TV screen of your Neat Bar and press ‘Continue’.
- Step 11: You will see the pairing process start and after a short period, the pairing should be successful. You will get a ‘Paired with Neat Bar’ message on the Neat Pad, and a corresponding ‘Paired with Neat Pad’ on your TV screen. Click on ‘Continue’.
- Step 12: Choose between Zoom Rooms or Microsoft Teams as your platform and click ‘Continue’.
- Step 13: You’re now all set! Your chosen platfrom will begin launching.
Wi-Fi networks can be more susceptible to varying signal strengths and disruptions and therefore impact real-time audio/video data. For high quality, reliable video conferencing experience, we strongly recommend using wired networks rather than wireless networks, wherever possible.