Accessing Zoom and Neat system settings and understanding Zoom Room passcode
Last updated on September 21, 2021
Neat has a unique partnership with Zoom and our devices run special software packages that are developed by both Neat and Zoom teams. Broadly speaking, there are two parts to the software package:
- The Neat firmware, developed by the Neat team, controls all Neat specific features, settings and hardware elements of the device. Neat Bar, Neat Pad and Neat Board each runs its own type of Neat firmware (e.g. prefixed as ‘NFB1’ (Bar), ‘NFA1’ (Pad) and ‘NFC1’ (Board)).
- The Zoom Room software, developed by the Zoom team, controls all Zoom Room specific features. Both Bar and Board run the same Zoom Room Appliance software, while Neat Pad runs either the Zoom Room Controller or Zoom Room Scheduling Display software.
2. Zoom vs Neat System Settings:
In order to control the various aspects of their individual features and functionalities, the Neat devices provide access to both Zoom level system settings and Neat level system settings.
This article explains how Administrators of these rooms can access and configure various aspects of the meeting rooms, namely:
- Accessing Zoom Room Settings (from the device and via Zoom’s web portal)
- Accessing Neat System Settings (from the device and via Neat’s web portal)
- Zoom Room Passcode
3. Accessing Zoom Room Settings
3.1 Zoom Room settings on your device
On your Neat Pad or Neat Board, you will find the Zoom Room Settings button that will allow you to view/manage the settings for your Zoom Room.
As an example, you can do the following:
- Check the Zoom Room version (on Bar/Board) and Controller/Schedular versions (on Pad): Navigate to Settings -> About
- Check and test the microphone and change Advanced Noise Suppression settings: Navigate to Settings -> Microphone
- Check room temperature, humidity etc.: Navigate to Settings -> General
- Sign out from your Zoom Room: Navigate to Settings -> General -> Sign out (Zoom Room Passcode required; see section 5)
- Send problem report to Zoom’s Technical Support Team: Navigate to Settings -> Help -> Send Problem Report
- Access Neat’s System Settings: Navigate to Settings -> General -> System Settings (Zoom Room Passcode required; see section 5)
3.2 Zoom Room Settings via the Zoom portal
Administrators can further update/change the Zoom Room settings via the Zoom’s web portal.
You can do this at your organisation’s account level or for each Zoom Room.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation panel, click Room Management then Zoom Rooms.
- Click the Rooms tab.
- Click Account Settings. (or organisation’s account level) OR find your specific room and click on Room Settings (to edit configuration for a particular room)
4. Accessing Neat System Settings
4.1 Neat System Settings on your device
Once you have configured your Neat device (either after initial configuration or a factory reset) and leave the out-of-box (OOB) setup screen, your Neat device would launch Zoom software. However, at times, you may want to configure/edit/view certain aspects of your Neat firmware and enter the Neat-level System Settings.
To enter Neat’s System settings, you will need to do the following:
- Locate and press Settings (gearwheel) at the left corner of your Neat Pad or right corner of your Neat Board.
- Navigate to General -> System Settings -> Enter Zoom Room passcode
- You will now have entered the Neat System Settings.
From here, you can do the following:
- Check the pairing status between your Neat Bar and Neat Pad (e.g. ‘Paired with Neat Bar’)
- Check/change time and language settings: Navigate to System settings -> Time & language
- Check the software version running on your device(s): Navigate to System Settings -> System -> About
- Change between ‘stable’ and ‘preview’ channels: Navigate to System Settings -> System -> Software Update -> Update channel
- Enable/disable ‘Auto wakeup feature’: Navigate to System Settings -> System -> Auto wake up
- Enable/disable ‘Remote access (beta)’ feature: Navigate to System Settings -> System -> Remote access (beta)
- Change Audio and Video settings, such as Music Mode: Navigate to System Settings -> Audio & video
- Factory reset or reboot your Neat device: Navigate to System Settings -> System -> Reset or Reboot
4.2 Neat System Settings via remote access
Neat’s Remote Access feature allows administrators to login to Neat’s web admin via a web browser and access/retrieve useful information.
Some of the key features available via the remote web admin are:
- Ability to download logs
- Ability to upload certificates
- Access Audio & Video settings
- Access Time and language settings
- Lock and change remote access passwords
To find out how to enable remote access and use these features, please see: https://support.neat.no/article/how-to-enable-remote-access-on-neat/
5. Zoom Room Passcode
In order to access Neat’s System Settings or sign out from your Zoom Room, you may be prompted to ‘Enter passcode to change settings’.
This value is set in the Zoom web portal by your company’s Zoom Administrator. This passcode is not configured/shared at a Neat-level and usually the Neat team will not know its value.
The default value for this passcode from Zoom is 00000 (that’s five zeroes) and is configured in the Zoom Room admin portal as described in Zoom’s documentation here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204669759-Room-Passcode-for-Zoom-Rooms