Congratulations on your new Neat Bar!
Neat Bar is a simple and elegant, highly capable meeting room device in a compact design. You can mount Neat Bar above or below one or two monitors, and it comes with Neat Pad, our dynamic touch screen, that allows you to control all the meeting room functions. Together Neat Bar and Neat Pad can provide you with a complete video conferencing experience second to none.
In this article, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to setup your Neat Bar and Neat Pad (brand new or after a factory-reset). It is very simple!
- The Neat Bar and Neat Pad must be on the same subnet to be able to pair successfully and complete setup. Before proceeding, please read the article Network and Firewall requirements for Neat devices.
- If you are planning to use Wi-Fi, please read the article Wi-Fi support on Neat devices. For step-by-step instructions, follow the guide How to connect your Neat Bar and Neat Pad over Wi-Fi.
Your package comes with two boxes, one which contains Neat Pad, and another that contains Neat Bar.
- Open the smaller box for the Neat Pad first.
- Inside the box itself, you’ll find the Neat Pad itself, a Quick start guide, a Power-Over-Ethernet injector, and several international plugs that you can choose from depending on where you are in the world. Also included is wall-mounting hardware. Note: You will only need to use the wall-mounting hardware if you plan to use your Neat Pad as a scheduling display.
- Open the larger box that houses your Neat Bar.
- Inside the box, you’ll find your Neat Bar, a Quick Start Guide and the mounting hardware (a table-top mount, a wall mount, a universal mounting bracket, and a monitor mount). In addition, the box includes HDMI cables and the power cables for your region.
Step 1: Power up your Neat Pad
- If you have Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) built into your network, simply use the Ethernet cable (supplied) to plug your Neat Pad directly into an Ethernet port to receive network and power. For more information on PoE, please see the article: Neat Pad: Power over Ethernet (PoE) requirements.
- If you don’t have PoE, then you can use the PoE injector (supplied) to power your Neat Pad. There are two interfaces on the PoE injector: a Power interface, to power the Neat Pad (icon shows a Pad with a finger); and a LAN interface, to connect the Neat Pad to your wired network (icon shows wired LAN). See the image below.
- To power the Neat Pad, use an Ethernet cable to connect the Pad to the PoE injector’s Power interface. Then plug the PoE injector to your power outlet/plug socket.
- Next, if you want to connect your Neat Pad to wired Ethernet, connect the PoE injector’s LAN interface to your network port using an Ethernet cable. Note: if you want to connect Neat Pad using Wi-Fi, skip this step.
Step 2: Power up your Neat Bar
- Connect the Neat Bar to AC power and to the TV screen using the HDMI output.
Note: If you are using a single TV screen, make sure you connect to Neat Bar’s HDMI 1 output.
- If you want to connect the Neat Bar to wired network, connect it to your network switch using an Ethernet cable. However, if you are using Wi-Fi, do not connect the Ethernet cable.
Note: if a Neat device has wired Ethernet connection to it, it will always use Ethernet. In order to force a Neat device to use Wi-Fi, there should be no wired/Ethernet connection cable physically connected.
Once this is done, follow your Neat Pad’s instructions and set the language and hit Continue.
Step 3: Choose your setup scenario
You will have four set-up options available to you. If you are setting up a Neat Bar, the Neat Pad needs to be paired with the Bar. To do so, choose “Set up Neat Bar with controller.”
If you are using the Neat Pad as a standalone device, choose the other two options for room availability (Zoom: Scheduler/ Microsoft: Team panel) or meeting control (Zoom Room Controller/ Microsoft Teams Console) as desired.
Step 4: Choose your Mounting Configuration
You can choose between Table, Wall, or Screen mounting. The set-up Wizard will walk you through the appropriate steps to set-up the Neat Bar depending on your choice.
Step 5: Connect Neat Pad and Neat Bar to the Internet
If you’ve connected Neat Pad and Neat Bar using Ethernet cables to a wired network, you should be connected to the internet automatically. Otherwise, you will need to connect Neat Pad to WiFi.
If you are using Wi-Fi, please follow the instructions in How to connect Neat Bar and Neat Pad over Wi-Fi.
Step 6: Choose your Neat Bar
Your Neat Bar should be powered up and connected to a display using its HDMI 1 port. You should now see the Neat Bar’s serial number on the display screen (if you do not see this, it is possible your TV screen is not set to the correct input).
- The Neat Bar serial number should now appear on Neat Pad (you may see multiple serial numbers if you have multiple Neat Bars in your office).
- Select the correct serial number and hit continue.
- The Neat Bar and Neat Pad should now pair successfully. Once Neat Bar and Neat Pad have paired, you will see a green check mark appear on Neat Bar’s display, and hear a chime.
- Neat Bar and Pad will now download any software updates available. Do not unplug Neat Bar or Neat Pad while they update.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to adjust your Neat Bar for the optimal viewing experience.
Step 7: Choose your Platform
- You will now be asked to choose your platform as shown below. Once you have selected your preference hit continue to begin launching either Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Once you have launched either Zoom Rooms or Microsoft Teams:
- Zoom: Activate your Zoom Room either by entering the device activation key here, signing in with your Zoom account directly on the Pad and selecting the correct Zoom Room, or using the Activation Code found in the Zoom Device Manager.
For more information on Zoom level pairing see Understanding Neat and Zoom Pairing on Neat devices
- Teams: Activate your Microsoft Teams Room by registering both the Neat Bar and Neat Pad to your account here.
For more information on Microsoft Teams level pairing see Understanding Neat and Microsoft Pairing on Neat devices
That’s it! You are now ready to make calls using your new Neat Bar and Neat Pad!